Monday 20 July 2009

What does NLP do?

Whilst in Orlando as a support trainer to Dr Richard Bandler and John La Valle a few of the participants on the practitioner course asked me “What does NLP give me?”
My first response was NLP can’t give me anything as it doesn't exist.
My next response is Learning NLP gives you the ability to take control of your neurology. I now have the users manual for my mind, showing me how to help myself as well as others. Improving my ability to succeed professionally as well as personally.

Learning NLP gives you the key to choice, enabling you to decide who you want to be and how you want to respond- which behaviours you choose to have. Using this technology you will be able to tap into inner resources whenever you need to.
The processes taught on NLP practitioner courses give the students freedom. Freedom to be the best they can be, to live their life to the full. Teaching you how to take control of your thoughts
These techniques are effective for personal change as well as in the business environment. Showing you how to improve your communication skills. Every coaching course I have reviewed has contained various aspects of NLP.

By leaning NLP I have leant the art of asking intelligent questions, how to listen to the answers and respond in whatever way is appropriate in that situation.
I remember when I booked onto my practitioner course I called the office of the training company to ask what I needed to do to prepare for the course. I wanted to ensure that I got the most from my experience. They replied "the only requirement is for an open mind and a willingness to learn how to think outside of your usual way of thinking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home